Located just across the river from the historic Parliament Hill and downtown Ottawa lies the Canadian Museum of History, Canada's national museum of human civilisation. One of the finer Ottawa museums and among Canada's most popular, it is renowned for its stunning riverside setting and enlightening permanent exhibits.
Upon entering, visitors are welcomed into the Canadian Museum of History's Grand Hall with its "wall of windows" - spanning 112 m in length, providing dramatic views of the Ottawa River. Equally impressive is the accompanying colour photograph on the opposite wall depicting a forest scene, which is noted as the world's largest colour photograph.
On permanent display, visitors can explore 20,000 years of Canada's human history: originating with the country's aboriginal peoples (First Peoples) continuing through European Viking explorers around A.D. 1000 and migrating into European and Asian settlers.
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel makes for the perfect place to explore this Ottawa museum and all this Canadian capital city has to offer.
- Operating Hours(through September 6)
- Monday - Wednesday: 9am-6pm
- Thursday - Friday: 9am-8pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am-6pm
- Admission Prices
- Children (3-12): $8
- Students and Seniors: $10
- Adults (19+): $12
- Families (up to five individuals): $30
- Transportation: This Ottawa museum is located approximately 2.5 kilometers from our hotel
- Via car, the museum is a quick 5 minute drive from our hotel
- Via bus, the museum is accessible on the #8 bus, which picks up outside our hotel on Albert Street