Parliament Hill Hotel
The political centre of Canada, Parliament Hill is a vibrant district in the heart of the nation's capital, with the Parliament Buildings as the highlight. Originally constructed in 1867 on the site of a former military base , Parliament Hill is located on a 170 foot hill next to the Ottawa River. Experience the dramatic sight of the area's three monumental gothic buildings - East Block, Centre Block and West Block. Housed within these buildings are some of Canada's leading institutions: the Canadian House of Commons, the Hall of Honour, the Library of Parliament, the Senate and the Peace Tower.
Highlights of Parliament Hill include:
- Guided Tours of the Parliamentary Buildings
- Changing of the Guard Ceremonies (seasonal)
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Sweeping views of the city from the spectacular Parliament Hill grounds
- Centennial Flame, a symbol of Canada's national unity, along with numerous statues of famous figures in Canadian history
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canadian Military Museum
- Annual Canadian Tulip Festival in early May
- Adjacent to Parliament Hill is the Byward Market, a vibrant neighborhood with lively restaurants, clubs and unsurpassed shopping
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is an approved Parliament Hill caterer. Learn more about our Ottawa catering services.
Be sure not to miss any additional things to do in Ottawa during your next stay at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.