The political heart of Canada, Parliament Hill is a vibrant district located in the centre of the nation's capital. Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is situated near this historic area, whose origins date back to 1867. Constructed on a 170-foot-high hill next to the Ottawa River, Parliament Hill encompasses three monumental gothic buildings - East Block, Centre Block and West Block. Housed within these buildings are some of Canada's leading institutions: the Canadian House of Commons, the Hall of Honour, the Library of Parliament, the Senate and the Peace Tower.
Highlights of Parliament Hill include:
- Guided Tours of the Parliamentary Buildings
- Changing of the Guard Ceremonies (seasonal)
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Sweeping views of the city from the spectacular Parliament Hill grounds
- Centennial Flame, a symbol of Canada's national unity, along with numerous statues of famous figures in Canadian history
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canadian Military Museum
- Annual Canadian Tulip Festival in early May
- Adjacent to Parliament Hill is the Byward Market, a vibrant neighborhood filled with lively restaurants, clubs and excellent shopping
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is an approved Parliament Hill caterer. Learn more about our Ottawa catering services.
Be sure not to miss any additional things to do in Ottawa during your next stay at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel.